Business System Analyst
We are an Innovative digital agency based in Dallas, TX specializing in development of web & mobile applications for businesses. We’re a semi-remote team of 15 Developers and Designers, currently looking for a full-time Business System Analyst to join our growing team. Do you like to solve complex problems in order to delight clients? Do you have a solid technical understanding of web and mobile development? If so, then read on because you’re exactly who we are looking for!
About the role – key responsibilities:
- Ensure that all business requirements are captured as user stories and ensure that the technical /development resources understand the business ‘ask’ and are able to build against it and ensure the final product is built as requested.
- Support the product owner(s) in defining the overall user experience and engage appropriate technical team(s), UIX design team and business group(s) to elicit, interpret, analyze and validate requirements for new functionality being requested by business groups and generate the system requirements in user story format for technical team(s).
- Work in collaboration with Product Owners with creation of stories, feature decomposition, documentation and managing dependencies, and story templates for repeatable features.
- Support the Product Owner on the health of the backlog, execute continuous requirements elicitation, story level grooming activities and ensure stories meet the definition of “ready”.
- Transform business requirements into technical, or system requirements to be documented as supporting artifacts in stories to be built and delivered by the team.
- Resolve requirement related impediments affecting the team’s progress.
- Responsible to have an in depth business and technical knowledge of the applications you support. Consistently improve on business and technical knowledge.
- Active participation in Progressive Elaboration sessions, and any other requirements and/or project planning sessions.
- Own the updating of stories and communication of the changes to the requirements and functionality appropriately across the team.
- Support QA Test Engineers with Test Case creation and guidance. Support QA to clarify requirements.
- Support Team day to day throughout a sprint to quickly answer questions resolve requirements concerns.
- Support QA to clarify requirements.
What we’re looking for – Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an agency role within a client services, planning or project management delivering web & mobile solutions.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at any time.
- You’re a people person – you’re outgoing, social and comfortable working with all kinds of people.
- You have excellent communication and written skills.
- We are technically focused: You will have a proven understanding of development process including; UX, scoping, project management, development, CMS, agile.
- You thrive in environments where you have a lot of freedom that comes with high level of responsibility and accountability which means that you absolutely must be able to prioritize your own workload and work independently using your own initiative.
- You have a “Can do/ Will do” positive attitude = you get things done.
Office Hours – 9:00 a.m. thru 5:30 p.m. – Monday thru Friday.
For immediate consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com